Feel like shopping ? For a complete list of stores in Lake Placid, check this.
In town, there are few gems that we recommend:
- Where did you get that hat?, on Main Street
- The Fallen Arch, on Main Street
- Eastern Mountain Sports, on Main Street
Also be sure to check The Mountaineer, route 73 in Keene Valley.
Also, one of the best things to do is to visit the many antique shops where curiosities can be found! Time worn or pristine, antique furniture of the Adirondacks and unique pieces from around the world, these pieces from times gone by evoke a nostalgic feeling in the shopper. We recommend the following:
- Bald Mountain Rustics, in Keene Valley
- Adirondack Trading Company, either in Lake Placid or Saranac Lake
- Twigs, in Lake Placid
- Dartbrook Rustic, in Keene
- Adirondack Rustic Interiors, in Warrensburg
- The Foothills, in North Creek
Now, if it is not enough, our favorite place for a shopping rage is at the Lake George Outlets. It is an hour away but it is worth it!